Sunday, October 08, 2006

When one door closes..

It’s too short a time to make sweeping statements about my new found freedom but I’ll say this much.. If you’ve worked almost all of your adult life and can afford to take a break ( long enough not to qualify as a holiday but rather a short change in lifestyle then my god do it… its worth a take... ) Of course I now follow another type of routine… one can never quite escape routines altogether…but its one I enjoy .. I also have no clue how long I can afford to live like this but pray that its long enough .Its not all fun and games either as I work harder now than I ever did .. doing household chores and cooking etc.. but that’s only because I’m spending more time in my home and my eyes see more than they did before. I’m reading too, something I never found the time to do much of before plus I‘ve embarked on some new recreational activities….. taking my mind/body where its never been before ...well all in my own time… as my body is apt to complaining a little too loudly at times and my mind well she’s just a tad awestruck by so much freedom it’s a lot harder to keep her in check these days.. but all in all….
It ain’t half bad.

ps: having more time to "bond " and raise my boy has now taken on a whole new dimension too ... but that deserves another posting all on its own... if and when I reach a stable level of understanding or maybe before that.. simply to maintain my level of sanity.

8 Comments:

At 4:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Waiting for your next post anxiously :)
Shaf

 
At 5:05 PM, Blogger Misreflection said...

I'm soooo tired sweetie, trying to be super mom/ hsewife & attend gym classes as often as I can is no joke, much easier being desk bound at work.. but I will post as soon as my energy levels is back to normal.. tks for reading me and take care of yourself in the meanwhile.

 
At 10:34 AM, Blogger iamnasra said...

Wow I need this for chagne to change my routine ...enlightened to read this one

 
At 5:41 PM, Blogger Pecos Blue said...

Sounds wonderful. I too am home for the first time and it is interesting to see how priorities shift and change and the things you can and still cannot find time to do : ) looking forward to hearing about your son.

 
At 9:10 PM, Blogger gulnaz said...

i am glad you are enjoying your break, enjoy it as much as you can because somehow i feel that sooner or later you would feel the need to begin some kind of work again. :)

 
At 1:11 PM, Blogger Misreflection said...

Nasra: the grass is never greener on the other side.. I have my bad days too .. not many.. thank God but still.

Pecos Blue : yeah I'm enjoying the many wonders of just being.. but it must be a handful for you.. having to take care of a small baby ,its hard work but rewarding none the less ( I still remember) Make sure you pamper yourself too.

GS : what can I say ( feeling a bit sneaky) I may or may not go back to work. Here in my country.. its a privilege for a woman with a family to be able to exercise the choice to stay home..as long as one can maintain the same standards you're used to.... That's the challenge I guess.Not sure if I can do that.. requires more smarts than I have.. ;-)

 
At 3:44 PM, Blogger Russell CJ Duffy said...

so this is where you went.

 
At 4:42 PM, Blogger Misreflection said...

CJ ( feeling even more sneaky than ever now) Glad you found me.. although my intention was not to dissapear or to hide just venting off a different angle nowadays and really as its the most banal and mundame of things I seem to write abt thought it best to keep a low profile.You know ..life behind the picket fence and all that... not exactly riveting stuff... mind you if you look close enough maybe it can be..(deparate housewives comes first to mind) :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home